You probably know how much asphalt striping and pavement markings can add to the curb appeal of your property. Bright, crisp markings and lines, however, do more than just add visual appeal. Here are some additional benefits that you may have overlooked.
The Benefits of Parking Lot Striping | Richmond, VA
1. Professionally applied lot striping and markings make your property safer. Drivers will be less confused, allowing them to be more focused and less distracted. Pedestrians will be able to better recognize the safest routes and locate crosswalks. There should be fewer auto-pedestrian accidents and fender benders in a well-marked lot than in one that is essentially a blank canvas.
2. The number of vehicles for which you can provide parking can be increased. Every paving contractor knows that there are various ways to configure a parking lot, and the configuration can significantly impact the number of parking stalls that can fit within the lot. Generally, however, the fewest vehicles can be accommodated by a lot that has no parking stalls defined. Drivers will tend to park very far apart and at a variety of angles.
3. It is important to ensure that your lot complies with all federal and local regulations. If your parking lot includes tow-away zones, accessible parking spaces, or fire lanes, the lack of any mandatory markings or signage could result in a fine.
4. Lot striping and markings can improve the flow of traffic. Poor traffic flow can result in congested areas that cause traffic jams that can be highly frustrating to customers. This can lead some customers to avoid your business in the future rather than risk another unpleasant experience in your parking lot.
5. You can easily add striping and marking to your routine asphalt maintenance plan. Sealcoating parking lot pavements is an important preventive maintenance procedure that can add many years to your pavement’s useful life. However, sealcoating will cover existing markings, so many sealcoating contractors also offer striping services. This can be a great time to evaluate your lot’s configuration, traffic patterns, and compliance with all regulations.
If you are interested in learning more about the benefits of parking lot striping, contact US Asphalt Maintenance. With more than 35 years of experience in the industry, we have the knowledge and skills to handle jobs of all sizes. Our services include sealcoating parking lot pavements, repairing cracks in asphalt pavements, striping and pavement markings, infrared asphalt patching, tennis court resurfacing and repair, and comprehensive . We have an exceptional reputation that is based on our superior workmanship, extraordinary customer service, and exemplary project management. You can use our online form to request a free quote or call 804-625-7325.